Global Sai Flexible Utility Knife
Details Legendary industrial designer Komin Yamada brings a new age of innovation to Global cutlery with Sai – individually hand-hammered knives with one-of-a-kind character. Unifying function and design, this distinctive Japanese utility knife combines an ergonomic handle with a triple-layered steel blade whose flexibility and manageable size make it ideal for precise cutting tasks, from peeling and trimming vegetables to slicing meats, poultry and seafood.
- The first new cutlery line produced by Global in more than 30 years, Sai blends the Japanese company's tradition of craftsmanship with modern technological advancements.
- Designer Komin Yamada pairs user-friendly organic designs with individually hand-hammered blades that make each knife unique.
- The knives combine three layers of steel: a core of patented, ultra-hard Cromova 18 Sanso stainless-steel alloy and two outer layers of more flexible 18/8 steel for added strength and resistance to rust.
- Professional-quality blades are ice-hardened and tempered to increase hardness, resist corrosion and maintain long-lasting sharpness.
- Each blade is hand-hammered to create hollow air pockets that reduce drag, allowing the blade to glide through food without sticking.
- 12.5 degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptionally long-lasting sharpness.
- The perfectly balanced handle has an ergonomic thumb rest for a smooth, efficient cutting motion and steady, comfortable grip.
- Iconic dots on the knife's hollow handle represent seven traditional Japanese virtues from the Samurai code of honor.
- 6 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 4.25 oz.
- Made in Japan.