Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star II Meat Cleaver
Professional chefs know that the proper weight and balance of a knife are just as vital as a strong, sharp edge. Crafted in Germany, the Four Star II collection delivers on all counts with a superior hand feel and high-carbon steel blades forged for optimal sharpness. The stout, weighty blade of this cleaver cuts through bones and firm joints with ease and is equally adept at chopping and mincing firm vegetables.
- Precision forged using Zwilling's Sigmaforge process, which incorporates the Fridour ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades that are exceptionally hard yet flexible.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade's edge is at the ideal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Stainless-steel end cap provides excellent balance while cutting.
- Permanently bonded polypropylene handle has just enough texture for a secure, comfortable grip.
- Bolster transitions seamlessly to handle to accommodate a wide variety of specialized cutting grips.
- 6"-long blade.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, founded in 1731.
Overall Product Rating
GenghisFlan - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Great for a small cleaver.This is a great cleaver, but sightly limited as it is somewhat lighter than cleavers with an inch or two more on the blade. As a result, it doesn't juggernaut through bones.That being said, it is also surprisingly heavy for its size. This is perfect for breaking down suckling pigs, lambs, and small-ish game.I've found using just the tip (where you take advantage of leverage the most) aids in clean cutting through racks of ribs and such.The handle has a great feel, and doesn't have any notches or rivets where meat gunk could get trapped. Holds a great edge as well, I find it easiest to have it professionally sharpened on a wheel from time to time.Also a tip: don't use cleavers on anything else but a butcher's block. The grains of wood intentionally are oriented vertically as to slightly split upon upon impact to regain its shape afterwards. This helps to absorb the shock and to make it a quiet(er) job. Enjoy!
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!