Le Creuset Cast-Iron Oval Doufeu
Crafted in France, this cast-iron oven takes its name from the combination of the French doux and feu to describe its “gentle fire.” Pronounced doo-FUH, it's designed to provide the constant self-basting that yields a juicy roast thoroughly infused with flavor.
- Cast iron coated with durable porcelain enamel distributes heat slowly and evenly.
- Easy-clean nonreactive interior does not require seasoning.
- Tight-fitting lid has a recess for ice cubes; warm vapor from simmering food meets the cool lid, promoting condensation, and nibs on the lid's underside direct the water droplets to the center of the pot, continually basting the food below.
- Without ice, it works equally well as a Dutch oven for everyday roasting, simmering and serving.
- Matching integral handles on the pan and lid assist lifting the heavy filled pan.
Overall Product Rating
Jackkie - Review from Williams-Sonoma
All It's Cracked Up To BeIn a world where most things do not live up to their advertising, this Doufeu is the exception. Meat does retain juices and the braising sauce has more flavor. Simply put, it is all it's cracked up to be and more. I like to braise often on the stove top and this produces the best braised meat dishes I've ever made. It's worth every penny I paid for it.
Bahamaguy - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Great Peice of equipmentThis is a fantastic Pot we have used it and produced a wonderful juicy and Tender OSSO BUCCO. The pot created a wonderul Juice where others have been dry
MsHarrisoninPTC - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Please bring back this item in DijonA few years ago when I was about to buy this item in Dijon, WS sold out of it in this color (the Dijon color was being discontinuted). Because of this, I bought the item in Cerise/ Cherry Red. I love it and use it to cook delicious and tender meat dishes. I'm dying to have it in Dijon and hope that WS will bring back this lage Doufeu in Dijon in the near future since they've re-introduced Dijon and have rid themselves of that other light yellow colored Le Creuset. I see that the small round Doufeu is available, but, I 'd really like this large one since other retailiers are only selling the 71/4 quart Doufeu .
Maranne - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Wonderful Le Creuset!I have used my Classic Doufeu for 53 years as I received numerous Le Creuset for my wedding. This is a favorite and I am still using it almost weekly. It (as well as all Le Creuset) has been one of my favorite pots. This is definitely a keeper as I have kept mine all this time. It is the orange color with a white interior. I have many newer pieces and I love them all. They will be sent on to my daughter and her three daughters whenever I die. That is, I will use them until I die.Maranne
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!