Our "Italian Cooking Essentials" collection from famed chef and restaurateur Mario Batali expands with a Dutch Oven in red. Each enameled cast iron piece ensures exceptional heat retention and even heating without hot spots. Designed for low-heat cooking, stewing and braising. Close-fitting lid with stainless knob has spikes on the interior for continuous, natural basting (see additional photos). Clean in the dishwasher, with Bar Keepers Friend or baking soda as described below. Part of the Mario Batali Red Bistro Pan/Dutch Ovens/Soup Pot Collection Red Dutch Oven. 4 qt. 9.5" dia. x 4.25"H
- Cast iron with enamel coating
- Cast stainless steel knob
- Especially suited for low-heat cooking
- For stovetop and oven use to 475 degrees
- For use with traditional gas and electric, or ceramic(up to medium heat only) and induction cooktops
- Dishwasher-safe; clean with Bar Keepers Friend; or for stains and more thorough cleaning: pour 1⁄2 cup of baking soda into a small bowl. Gradually add small amounts of water to the baking soda, mixing until a paste is formed. Apply the paste to the enamel cast iron cookware and allow to soak for one hour. Use a cellulose sponge to gently scrub the stain from the cookware.
- Made in China