Microplane Elite Paddle Graters
Extra Coarse, Fine, Ribbon, Star
Originating as a smoothing tool for woodworkers, the Microplane proved to be an indispensable grating and shredding tool in the kitchen. We offer four versions for handling an array of prep tasks.
- Hand-held graters allow you to grate or shred a variety of foods.
- Fine grater zests citrus fruits, grates nutmeg and hard cheeses.
- Ribbon grater is ideal for shredding chocolate and coconut.
- Extra-coarse grater is designed for semi-hard cheeses such as cheddar or jack.
- Star grater creates light, feathery gratings of parmesan cheese.
- Curved surfaces provide better contact.
- Contoured blade allows for cover to double as a receptacle holding up to 1 cup and is marked with US and metric measurements.
- Razor-sharp stainless-steel teeth.
- One-piece construction.
- Soft-grip handles ensure a firm, comfortable hold.
- Dishwasher safe.
- 3" wide, 11" long.
- Blades are made in USA; assembled in Mexico.
Overall Product Rating
lsjd - Review from Williams-Sonoma
ABOMINABLEStick with the Microplane Home Series microplane. This new design is abominable. It took me an hour to get the stickers off and when I finally used it to grate a block of parmesan, the parmesan broke into pieces because of the new curved design.I am returning the two Elite Microplanes and purchasing the original Microplane Home Series which I use all the time. Williams Sonoma does not have these on their website. BIG mistake!
carlvs - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Making a great product even betterI have had various Microplane graters since they first became available. The one major drawback always seemed to be the plastic cracking on the handle. The Elite series has eliminated this flaw making for a fantastic cooking tool!
YumYummy - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Goodbye to my old graters!I dont know how I ever managed without these graters. I had one of the old cheap box graters that you would use a different side of the grater for whatever you wanted to grate. I use a lot of grated cheddar cheese in recipes and for salad and this does the job and QUICK. It also has the clip on container that catches the cheese AND measures it. Sturdy and well made. It cleans easily in the dishwasher. I also got the fine grater for parmesan cheese. They were on sale for cheap and I could not be more pleased!
Thorgerd - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Most usefulI originally bought only the coarse grater but once I received and used it I had to have the others; wonderful tools. The covers not only protect the very sharp cutting edges but also prove most convenient in measuring whatever it is you are grating. I would recommend sliding the covers on as opposed to snapping them on.
Coco21 - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Nice quality graterThese paddle graters are nice quality, sharp, convenient, and easy to clean; Like the cover that catches the gratings- less mess on the countertop. Also really like that blades are Made in America- wish more products were!
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!