Shun Classic Hollow-Ground Nakiri Knife
Shun knives are produced by Japan's leading blade manufacturer, reflecting the craftsmanship of a centuries-old tradition of knife making. The nakiri knife (Japanese for “vegetable knife”) features a supersharp hollow-ground blade with indentations that reduce friction and minimize sticking when cutting fresh produce.
- VG-Max “super steel” blades are clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless steel, creating a variegated look reminiscent of a Damascus-style blade.
- Exceedingly sharp cutting edge is long lasting and easy to maintain.
- Shaped like a cleaver, this Nakiri knife chops, slices and minces fresh fruits and vegetables with ease.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep slices from sticking.
- Durable PakkaWood handle resists moisture and has a D shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
Overall Product Rating
Tonit - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Amateur's DelightMy daughter recommended that I start to buy quality cutery and I am happy that I followed her advice.I have disposed of all of my other kitchen knives and I will purchase other Shun Classic Knives in the future.This knife makes cooking easy and non-problematic when it comes to cutting vegetables and fruits. Especially tomatoes and other soft vegetables.
BillyBill - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Good Knife for People with Big HandThis is a very good knife if you have big hand. I have small hand, the handle is too long. I like to hold the knife closer to the blade.
chefrikki - Review from Williams-Sonoma
awesome knifeIn the kitchen, I have a knife for every special occasion and need. How I survived my many years without this knife for my fruits and veggies, I certainly do not know. IT IS AWESOME plain and simple !!! Slices thin as I need with effortless pressure. Straight from the box, the knife impressed me with its cutting effectiveness. Easy to maintain (hone somewhat regularly) and care for. Highly recommend this knife !!!
Yuki - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Shun my fav knivesI have the Shun starter set and needed to add to my collection. I just love how the Japanese can make such quality knives. My parents had Japanese knives all their life and know I have begun mine.
RAD2012 - Review from Williams-Sonoma
UnbelievableThis is one of the best knives I've ever used. It can even replace a Chef's knife
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!