Shun Kaji 2-Piece Knife Set
This set of two essential knives is a fine introduction to our premium Shun Kaji collection, made exclusively for us in Japan. The knives' strong, razor-sharp blades are created through a blend of new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions.
- Set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife and a 6" chef's knife.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–;making techniques, the blades' construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Paring knife makes small, precise cuts, to peel, trim and core fresh produce.
- Chef's knife has a shorter blade than a standard chef's knife for greater maneuverability.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
Overall Product Rating
catsinthekitchen - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Excellent sharp knives, lacking quality controlThese knives are beautiful but I had to go through several to find ones that didn't have a defect in the handle (uneven meeting of the tang & wood) or dimples in the blade. It is incredibly sharp and performs as well as one would expect a knife to for this price but, even giving leeway knowing that the knives are handmade, quality control isn’t great. I would buy in store so you know exactly what you're getting. Also, these are much heavier than Shun Classic or Global which gives it a good stable hold (extra weight is in the tang, not the blade), but personally I think for a weightier knife, a German knife is the way to go. My Wusthof Epicures perform just as well for our vegetarian diet, have a thick strong blade that holds an edge & withstands a beating (not as delicate as the Kaji's steel). Don't get me wrong, the Kaji line is impressive but aren't daily use knives for me as expected and, at this price point, took too much effort to find knifes that were satisfactory in quality.
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!