Shun Large Higo Nokami Gentleman’s Knife
With its slim profile, light weight and folding blade, the Higo Nokami knife allows you to enjoy the precision of Japan's legendary Shun cutlery anytime, anywhere. Regarded as Japan's first pocketknife, the Higo design dates from the mid 19th century.
- Foldout razor-sharp blade of high-carbon stain-resistant VG-10 steel.
- Perfectly sized for cutting steak at dinner or slicing fruit and cheese for a picnic.
- PakkaWood handle is resin-infused for lasting moisture resistance.
- Handle is inlaid with a silver-and-brass emblem from an ancient samurai family crest.
- A simple locking mechanism holds the 3 3/4"-long blade firmly in place while in use.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
Overall Product Rating
honoluludesktop - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Dysfunctional designWhen the knife is in the closed position, it has narrow tab protruding from its hinge making it difficult to carry on your person without its case. The tab easily makes a hole in your pocket. IMO, the blade is too narrow, and stains easily. The shape of the handle is uncomfortable in my grasp. For me it was a impulse purchase that I regret. I will say however, it is the only purchase of many I have made from WS that I have a problem with.
squallinda - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Mine is Made in JapanThe knife is beautiful and small enough to carry in a pocket with the included leather sheath if you are concerned with keeping it looking nice. Perfect pocket knife.My product clearly states on the knife itself "Made in Japan".
KAZIU - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Made in the U.S.A.This is an outstandingly well made product , however the outside of the packing material states that the knife is from Japan, but the knife itself clearly indicates that it was Made in the U.S.A.
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!