Shun Blue Honesuki, 41⁄2"
Details The triangular blade of this honesuki offers incredible control—precisely maneuver this deft knife around a shoulder joint while sectioning poultry or easily french a rack of lamb, and you’ll never go back to a western-style boning knife.Melding the sharpness of carbon steel with stainless steel’s corrosion resistance and ease of maintenance, Shun Blue represents a leap forward in knife technology.The blade features a core of blue steel—a fine-grained carbon steel known for taking a retaining an extremely sharp edge—sandwiched between two layers of corrosion-resistant stainless steel, resulting in a blazingly sharp knife that is still easy to maintain.Free sharpening on all Shun cutlery for as long as you own it.Click for details
- Rockwell Hardness of 61 offers incredible sharpness and edge retention
- Japanese artisans use san mai construction techniques to sandwich a core of blue steel between two layers of mirror polished stainless steel before hand sharpening the blade to a 16 double-beveled edge
- Perfectly balanced pakkawood handle features a variation of a traditional heXagonal shape modified to meet demanding requirements for secure grip, comfort and control
- Knife will eventually develop a beautiful, dark patina along the cutting edge that helps protect the carbon-steel core from corrosion and is recognized by chefs and professional cooks as the mark of a much-loved knife
- Developed in partnership with award-winning Chef Chris Cosentino, known for his nose-to-tail cooking philosophy Specifications Show
- Manufacturer: Shun
- Material: Carbon steel, stainless steel, pakkawood
- Dimensions: 41⁄2" blade with 41⁄2" handle
- Weight: 31⁄2 oz.
- Knife handcrafted in Japan; sheath made in China Care & Usage Show
- Hand wash only. Wash only with mild soaps
- Make sure knives are completely dry before storing. In coastal areas or in other environments in which knives will be regularly eXposed to salt air, coat blades with a light coat of food-grade mineral oil to prevent rusting What's In the boX? Show