Williams-Sonoma Michel Bras 10-Piece Knife Set
Renowned French chef Michel Bras collaborated with Kai, the producer of Shun knives, to bring together the best traditions of French and Japanese cutlery. Made in Japan, these knives feature razor-sharp stainless-steel blades tightly joined to comfortable PakkaWood handles.
- All knives are hand assembled to exacting specifications.
- Matte-finish blades is composed of three stainless-steel layers: a hardened VG-10 core sandwiched between two layers of more flexible steel for increased durability and resistance.
- Blades are coated in titanium to enhance their antioxidation properties.
- Each blade is etched with a unique serial number and Bras's signature emblem of cistre , the delicate Alpine fennel that grows in the hills above his Aubrac restaurant.
- For quick identification, each handle is inscribed with the knife item number (1–10), signifying the blade's form and function.
- Black PakkaWood handles are designed in the traditional Japanese chestnut shape, to sit comfortably in the hand.
- Storage block sold separately.
- 10-Piece Set includes:
- 3" sheep's-foot paring knife (#1).
- 4" steak knife (#7).
- 4 3/4" boning knife (#8).
- 6" utility knife (#2).
- 6 1/4", 8 3/4" and 10 1/2" santokus (#4, #5 and #6).
- 7 3/4" cleaver (#10).
- 9" hollow-ground slicing knife (#3).
- 11 1/4" bread knife (#9).
Overall Product Rating
YogiSunshine - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Great Set of KnivesI bought this knife set about a year ago and it has done a great job cutting my vegetables and meats. I would recommend this product to a friend. But beware: You do have to take really good care of the titanium. I always wash them by hand with mild dish soap and wipe them dry after every use and then put them back in the knife block. Even with extra care, the titanium seems to spot and wear over time on my most frequently used knife, the 7.5 inch Santouku. It is just the nature of titanium--as a transition metal, it will be sensitive to oxidants and reductants to a degree, so careful about cleaning! On the bright side, it looks well-used, just like a well-made copper pot develops a rich patina over time, the patina on the titanium looks rustic, yet classy.Overall, I am very happy with my purchase because these are truly unique from the other brands in terms of design and ease of use, and I have previously used Cutco, Wustoff and Henckels.
Vincent - Review from Williams-Sonoma
I love it!!!I have a set of the Shun Classics and this set set. It is the perfect knife out there. I have owned Henckels and Global and the Shuns are the best. A tip for guys: if you plan to buy this set, be sure to tell your fiance or be prepared to buy her a very expensive purse. I wish Williams-Sonoma would include a knife block whit this set. $550 for the matching block is very steep.
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!