Williams-Sonoma Weck Mold Jars, Set of 6
Weck glass jars have been a mainstay in European kitchens since 1900, when German merchant Johann Weck pioneered the science of water-bath canning. Weck jars are still a reliable favorite of European home cooks for preserving and storing foods. These jars feature a tapered shape that is easy to fill. Rubber-ringed glass lids create an airtight seal that you can check at a glance.
- For preserving foods using boiling-water canning; also useful for storing dry food staples in the pantry.
- Distinctive silhouettes make jars attractive enough to bring to the table for serving.
- Each clear glass jar features a glass lid with rubber ring and two rustproof stainless-steel clamps for creating an airtight seal.
- Wide-mouth tapered shape is easy to fill.
- Seal is easy to check at a glance: the pull tab on the rubber ring should face downward.
- Replacement rubber rings and clamps are available.
- Embossed with the Weck strawberry logo.
- Stackable for convenient storage.
- Set includes 6 jars, 6 lids, 6 rubber rings and 12 clamps.
Overall Product Rating
Celt - Review from Williams-Sonoma
This is a great productWeck jars are like the Cadillac of canning jars. There are no hanging metal parts that get in the way when you are cleaning them. The clips and rubber rings can be rinsed off and stored when you open the jars to use. The white plastic storage lids fit tight and are simple to use in the fridge, the car, picnic or on the table. The sides are straight, no hard to clean shoulder. This mold jar is the perfect size for homemade yogurt, jams and so much more. I highly recommend them.
singlestar - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Beautiful Practical JarsI use Weck jars for canning and for putting candied nuts in for gift giving. The presentation is so important and Weck makes this so lovely and easy. I just love the way they look all by themselves.
Anonymous - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Love these jarsGreat for storing sauces and jams. Also, work great in the freezer - just leave enough headroom!
ItalianCoffeeLover - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Amazing jarsI don't actually make preserves or pickles (yet), but I have 4 Weck jars of different sizes. I normally use them for various sauces and dips I make as well as storing dry rubs and spices and even the occasion leftover.They are airtight and most importantly, to me, they have a lovely wide opening making it easy to get food in and out. And the use of clips, while a bit fiddly compared to flip top jars, is far easier to deal with for cleaning. No more flopping lids, trapped water or awkward crevices to clean around compared to flip top jars. And when not in use I store the clips inside the jars to keep track of them.All in all you couldn't ask for a better jars.
olivia09 - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Great for canning and making jamsThis is the first time that used Weck Mold Jars and have had wonderful success in making strawberry and blackberry jam.
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!