Wusthof Ikon Blackwood 20-Piece Knife Block Set
Featuring our exclusive handles crafted from African blackwood, this comprehensive knife collection combines superb German craftsmanship and striking design. A razor-sharp full-tang blade runs the entire length of each knife for stability. Steel double bolsters add an attractive finishing detail.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Each knife has a recessed bolster that facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handles are cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handles.
- Coordinating hardwood block safely stores 17 items and is gentle on knives' edges.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 20-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 5" hollow-ground santoku knife
- 5" serrated utility knife.
- 5" boning knife.
- 6" and 8" chef's knives.
- 8" bread knife.
- 8" hollow-ground carving knife.
- Eight 4 1/2" steak knives.
- Pull-apart kitchen shears.
- 10" honing steel.
- 22-slot storage block.
Overall Product Rating
DanV - Review from Williams-Sonoma
I don't understand the bad quality controlMy first set of Classic Ikons was taken back by Wusthof due to "soft steel". My second set of Blackwood Ikons had 9 bad knives out of 16. First set got stains on the stainless steel after cutting one onion and washing the knife 10 minutes later. Second set of Blackwood Ikons had epoxy missing between the wood and tang, burrs on the blades, and significant imperfections in finish. See photos. Completely unacceptable.
Sparky7 - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Amazing KnivesI splurged and bought these knives. I have been looking for a good set of knives for the last 6 months and found this set on clearance at my local store. I love these knives!!! The weight, the feel, the ease in which I can cut everything, and most of all the beautiful design and look of them. I could not be happier and I highly recommend this set.
ThomasA - Review from Williams-Sonoma
Very sharp, well balanced knives.High quality knife set. Great utility, balance and easy to use.Extremely sharp right out of the box.
Qball - Review from Williams-Sonoma
The knives are fantastic but...This would have received 5 stars, as the knives are beautiful, well-made and balanced and the Blackwood is exquisite. The block, however, is a different story. It is poorly and unevenly stained and has a hairline crack across the front. Considering the money invested in these knives, I expected better. Honestly, my dog could have done a better job with staining and craftsmanship. I would have returned it to exchange for another, but didn't want to risk damaging the knives or having to return it all and wait again, as they had been on backorder. But the knives? I *love* them!
There are no reviews for this brand. Be the first!