Global Sai 4-Piece Steak Knife Set
Legendary industrial designer Komin Yamada brings a new age of innovation to Global cutlery with Sai – individually hand-hammered steak knives with one-of-a-kind character. Unifying function and design, these distinctive Japanese knives combine ergonomic handles with triple-layered steel blades, finished with razor-sharp edges that elegantly and efficiently slice through everything from filet mignon to thick-cut pork chops.
- Set includes four steak knives.
- The first new cutlery line produced by Global in more than 30 years, Sai blends the Japanese company's tradition of craftsmanship with modern technological advancements.
- Designer Komin Yamada pairs a user-friendly organic design with an individually hand-hammered blade that makes each knife unique.
- Knives combine three layers of steel: a core of patented, ultra-hard Cromova 18 Sanso stainless-steel alloy and two outer layers of more flexible 18/8 steel for added strength and resistance to rust.
- Professional-quality blades are ice-hardened and tempered to increase hardness, resist corrosion and maintain long-lasting sharpness.
- Each blade is hand-hammered to create hollow air pockets that reduce drag, allowing the blade to glide through food without sticking.
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptionally long-lasting sharpness.
- Perfectly balanced handles have an ergonomic thumb rest for a smooth, efficient cutting motion and steady, comfortable grip.
- Iconic dots on each knife's hollow handle represent seven traditional Japanese virtues from the Samurai code of honor.