Global Sai Sandwich Knife
Legendary industrial designer Komin Yamada brings a new age of innovation to Global cutlery with Sai – individually hand-hammered knives with one-of-a-kind character. Unifying function and design, this distinctive Japanese sandwich knife combines an ergonomic handle with a triple-layered steel blade whose serrated edge makes it especially useful for slicing breads, meats and sandwiches.
- This knife's medium-length, slightly angled blade is serrated to slice cleanly through even the heartiest cold or grilled sandwiches without squashing them. Also great for slicing crusty breads or bagels – ;or use it to cut neat, uniform slices of salami or sausage.
- The first new cutlery line produced by Global in more than 30 years, Sai blends the Japanese company's tradition of craftsmanship with modern technological advancements.
- Designer Komin Yamada pairs user-friendly organic designs with individually hand-hammered blades that make each knife unique.
- The knives combine three layers of steel: a core of patented, ultra-hard Cromova 18 Sanso stainless-steel alloy and two outer layers of more flexible 18/8 steel for added strength and resistance to rust.
- Professional-quality blades are ice-hardened and tempered to increase hardness, resist corrosion and maintain long-lasting sharpness.
- Each blade is hand-hammered to create hollow air pockets that reduce drag, allowing the blade to glide through food without sticking.
- 12.5 degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptionally long-lasting sharpness.
- The perfectly balanced handle has an ergonomic thumb rest for a smooth, efficient cutting motion and steady, comfortable grip.
- Iconic dots on the knife's hollow handle represent seven traditional Japanese virtues from the Samurai code of honor.
- 6 3/4"-long blade; 5" handle; 5.5 oz.
- Made in Japan.