JCPenney MarthaBakingTM Yellow Butter Cake Mix
Up To 30% Off: 33GOSHOP
A light and buttery cake topped with rich chocolate frosting makes the perfect treat for birthdays and special occasions.
- includes cake mix and frosting mix
- serves 12
- 30 ounces
- available exclusively at jcp You will need:
- for frosting:
- 1½ cups heavy cream or 1 cup whole milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- for cake:
- Flour, for pans
- 1 stick butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk Directions:
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine cream, butter, and contents of chocolate packet. Place bowl in microwave and heat on high for 20 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate mixture is completely melted and smooth. Let cool, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes until mixture is thick and spreadable. (Or cool in refrigerator, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter two 8-inch round or square cake pans, or coat with nonstick spray. Line bottoms of pans with parchment, then butter or coat with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter until fluffy. Add eggs and reduce speed to low. Alternate adding cake mix and milk, beginning and ending with mix.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake until light golden on top, about 15 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely before frosting. MarthaBaking offers great solutions for home cooks, from the kitchen of Martha Stewart. Made in America. Contains wheat (gluten) and soy. Questions/comments: 1-800-255-1344