This 7 in. chef's knife performs a wide variety of cutting tasks, from fine chopping to dicing and paper-thin slicing. It features an ultra-sharp ceramic blade as well as a deeper profile for greater knuckle clearance. A comfortable, ergonomic resin handle provides precise control, while its distinctive shape makes it both easy to find and easy to use. Kyocera has pioneered advanced ceramic kitchen knives, which are impervious to acids, juices, oils and salts, leave no metallic taste or odor, and help maintain the freshness of fruit and vegetables. Zirconium oxide blades stay razor sharp at least 10 times longer than traditional cutlery, making them ideal for everyday use. And because the ceramic blade is so light, no artificial weight is added to the handle. This creates an extremely balanced, lightweight tool that reduces fatigue during repetitive cutting tasks.
- Ceramic blade ground to microscopic precision by diamond wheels for rock-like edge with excellent sharpness retention
- Secret is in the ceramic material, zirconium oxide, a material only second to diamond in hardness
- Ceramic blades will never rust or change from their natural state
- Sharpen using Kyocera electric sharpener or mail to Kyocera for a nominal fee of 10 $ for shipping and handling
- Dishwasher safe top rack only