Shun Sora Bread Knife, 9"
Innovative razor-sharp serrations provide equal forward and back stroke cutting power so breads don't tear or squash. Any way you slice crusty baguettes to soft brioche bread, the Shun Sora 9" Bread Knife's wide, razor-sharp serrations glide through bread, pastries and cakes without jagged tearing. In Japanese, Sora means "sky" and the sky's the limit in your kitchen prep with Shun's stunning new Sora line with exceptional handcrafted quality. Sora's innovative Composite Blade Technology blends a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese mirror-polished 420J stainless-steel upper blade. The laser-cut blade sections are permanently braze welded for a design with an attractive wavy pattern at the joint resembling traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. This puts high-performance material where it's needed -- on the 16-degree, blade edge. Shun designed the Sora bread knife's serrations to provide equal forward and back stroke cutting power. For ultimate slicing ease, the serrations angle forward on the blade's front section and backward near the handle. The textured PPTPE polymer blend handle lends contemporary styling and a secure grip for balanced, agile control. Shun Cutlery proudly takes its name from the Japanese culinary tradition of preparing and eating the very freshest food at the perfect shun moment, in harmony with nature's seasonal rhythms. The Shun brand, made by Kai Corporation, which is one of Japan's preeminent blade manufacturers, introduced its exquisitely styled and exceptionally sharp Japanese-style knives to American kitchens in 2002. Compared to European and Western knives, Shun knives have lighter, thinner blades made of harder steel and honed to superior sharpness. The Sora Bread Knife reflects Shun's renowned craftsmanship and centuries-old Japanese knife making traditions.
- Wide, razor-sharp serrations slice crusty or soft breads with no tearing, ripping or squashing
- Beautifully handcrafted in Japan
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree blade (32-degree comprehensive)
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology blends a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a mirror-polished 420J Japanese stainless-steel upper
- San mai construction clads VG10 carbon steel with a single layer of stainless-steel on each side
- Bead blasting enhances the look of the san mai edge
- Laser-cut blade sections are permanently braze welded together
- Joint's handsome wavy pattern resembles traditional Japanese sword hamon lines
- High-performance materials focus strength and precision on the cutting edge
- Easy-care textured PPTPE polymer handle for a secure grip and balanced, agile control
- Stain- and rust-resistant and holds a fine edge
- Hand wash and dry thoroughly
- Limited 10-year warranty