Shun Sora Utility Knife, 6"
Japanese designed utility knife with 16-degree, double-bevel blade, makes quick work of trimming vegetables and slicing ingredients for sandwiches. Made by one of Japan's leading knife manufacturers, the 6" Shun Sora Utility Knife is sized between a chef's knife and a paring knife, but with a narrower, straighter blade. The Sora 6" knife is a multitasker for more precise cuts such as trimming broccoli and green beans. The utility knife is sometimes called a sandwich knife because it is a pro at slicing ingredients for sandwiches, including tomatoes, avocados, meats and cheeses. The lightweight Shun Sora utility knife is undoubtedly versatile every time you cook and will become a favorite in your kitchen. In Japanese, Sora means "sky" and the sky's the limit in your kitchen prep with Shun's stunning new Sora line with exceptional handcrafted quality. Sora's innovative Composite Blade Technology blends a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a mirror-polished 420J Japanese stainless-steel upper blade. The laser-cut blade sections are permanently braze welded for a design with an attractive wavy pattern at the joint resembling traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. This puts high-performance material where it's needed -- on the 16-degree, double-bevel blade edge. The textured PPTPE polymer blend handle lends contemporary styling and a secure grip for balanced, agile control. Shun cutlery proudly takes its name from the Japanese culinary tradition of preparing and eating the very freshest food at the perfect shun moment, in harmony with nature's seasonal rhythms. The Shun brand, made by Kai Corporation, one of Japan's preeminent blade manufacturers, introduced its exquisitely styled and exceptionally sharp Japanese-style knives to American kitchens in 2002. Compared to European and Western knives, Shun knives have lighter, thinner blades made of harder steel and honed to superior sharpness. The Sora utility knife reflects Shun's renowned craftsmanship and centuries-old Japanese knife making traditions.
- Sized between a chef's knife and a paring knife, but with a narrower, straighter blade
- Ideal for more precise cuts such as trimming broccoli and green beans
- Beautifully handcrafted in Japan
- Hand-sharpened 16-degree, double-bevel blade (32-degree comprehensive)
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology blends a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a mirror-polished 420J Japanese stainless-steel upper
- San mai construction clads VG10 carbon steel with a single layer of stainless-steel on each side
- Bead blasting enhances the look of the san mai edge
- Laser-cut blade sections are permanently braze welded
- Joint's handsome wavy pattern resembles traditional Japanese sword hamon lines
- High-performance materials focus strength and precision on the cutting edge
- Easy-care textured PPTPE polymer handle for a secure grip and balanced, agile control
- Stain- and rust-resistant and holds a fine edge
- Hand wash
- Limited 10-year warranty