From the makers of Japan's finest cutlery comes this Premier collection with a unique new "tsuchime" finish. Hand-hammered texture creates cavities with an effect similar to hollow-ground, reducing drag for a gliding cut and quick release. Durable VG10 steel core is clad on either side with 16 layers of high-carbon stainless steel for maximum strength and stability. Oblong pakka wood handle nestles comfortably in the hand; stainless handle cap embossed with the Shun logo adds balance and beauty. These knives offer great edge retention and will never rust or corrode if properly maintained. The santoku Japanese chef's knife translates to "three great things": slicing, dicing and mincing.
- VG10 steel core and 16 layers of high-carbon stainless steel
- Resin-impregnated pakka wood oblong handle
- Rust- and stain-proof
- Do not use to cut through bone
- Only cut on wood or plastic cutting boards; never cut on stone, metal or glass
- Hand wash for best results
- Made in Japan